Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gmail blocks my mail as Spam

So Gmail as decided to block e-mails sent by National Lottery Scraper as spam (send from me, to me). It's not even as if they just move the mail into my spam folder. No, their server actually blocks it! Here's what my mail log said about it this morning:

9D4FD5EB2C: to=<graham@***********.**.***>, relay=ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM[74.125.79.27]:25, delay=14, delays=0.17/0.22/11/2.4, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM[74.125.79.27] said:
550-5.7.1 [***.***.***.*** 7] Our system has detected that this message is
550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188131 for
550 5.7.1 more information. v45si7647979eeh.40 (in reply to end of DATA command))

The information at the URL they give gives me basically buggerall recourse. Or am I reading this wrong? Does anybody know how to get around this?

4 comments:

  1. I tried adding my own e-mail address to my contacts list. Didn't work. This is NOT bulk mail. This is NOT unsolicited. Just an app I wrote to e-mail myself and my wife the lotto results after each draw! :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the following question at Google support. Hopefully somebody there will be able to help: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=7ed2e59daca1b73c&hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I sent e-mail to Unisa asking why i couldn't get into the thingy to renew my books online they rejected ti as spam, so I had to send snail mail instead. Now they want to fine me, saying the books are overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an old search that pointed to this page. I thought I'd better post a comment saying how I fixed it, in case anyone finds it in future:

    http://musingsbygraham.blogspot.com/2010/11/national-lottery-scraper-can-send-to.html

    ReplyDelete