Monday, April 26, 2010

Windows 7 At Last

It is with a bitter sweet sensation that I announce that I have finally moved over from Windows Vista SP2, to Windows 7 on my work notebook.

Oh, the new task bar is amazing! It’s so much faster than Vista was on this machine (possibly faster even than XP would’ve been). User Access Control is still around, but far less intrusive. And, deep zoom is out of this world cool (am using it right now—beats pressing my face into the monitor to see what’s going on!

But I forgot to back up my e-mail archives! I even had a checklist of items to back up on Friday, and I went through the list carefully ticking each item… and “E-mail Archives” was on the list! Three years of e-mails, gone! I mean, the very first e-mail my boss sent me on my first day at the company, asking for my income tax number, and every e-mail (except those sent/received less than one month ago, which are still on the server) sent or received since. I felt sick!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy it. My wife has Vista on her machine, and I still haven't figured it out! I now have Windows 7 on my laptop and XP on my desktop. Windows 7 is nice and fast, but I still haven't figured out how to make some things work, and I'm using crude workarounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such as? Maybe I can help....

    ReplyDelete