Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse: A Bit of a eulogy and prayer


Picture of Amy Winehouse at Wikipedia

Amy Winehouse was found dead in her North London apartment on Saturday, 23 July 2011. Authorities suspect her death was a drug overdose, but nobody knows for sure, yet. Apparently police were alerted by emergency services, but I'm still unsure how emergency services came upon her body in the first place.

Obviously, I never knew the woman, and I was never a particular fan of her music. But I do remember hearing her a few weeks ago talking about how proud she was of herself for staying clean for so long. If it was a drug overdose, then unfortunately, it happens. People relapse, and Winehouse has definitely relapsed her fair share of times.

Nonetheless, lying in bed last night (Saturday 23 July), my mind started to wonder. I don't know if she knew God. Only God and her really know that for sure. If she didn't, then I am certain (as with any non-believer that passes away) that He must be deeply saddened by her passing. I cannot imagine the depth of His pain, but I'd like to try and acknowledge it. There's nothing special about Amy Winehouse as opposed to any other person. It's only that I heard of her specifically.

If she did know God, then I can only assume that her death was God's will. In this case, Heaven is rejoicing as another angel joins their ranks. I cannot imagine the heights of that celebration, but I'd like to acknowledge that, too!

Please keep her and her family and friends in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment